Code of Business Conduct
Our Code of Business Conduct sets the standards for how we organise our work, how we relate to others in the value chain, how we treat each other and how people treat the company.
Here are a few excerpts.
How we relate to others in the value chain
- Anti-corruption – “The employees and companies of the DeLaval Group must not offer, pay, request or accept any financial contribution or any other services offered for the same effect or ask any customer or supplier to offer, pay, request or accept a bribe.”
- Environmental issues – “The DeLaval Group is committed to running its business in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner.”
How we organise our work
- Confidentiality and security – “All employees must comply with the DeLaval Policy on confidentiality, information and document management.”
- “The DeLaval Group requires all employees to maintain the highest level of confidentiality”
- Control and financial reporting – “The accounting records and supporting documents of the DeLaval Group must accurately describe and reflect the nature of the underlying transactions.”
- Authorisations – “The employees of the DeLaval Group work within a delegated system of authorisation in accordance with their respective roles and responsibilities.”
- The companies of the DeLaval Group are required to comply with all laws and regulations of the countries and jurisdictions in which they operate and work.
- We also have special teams that work to secure product compliance with laws and regulations (see more under Environmental management)
How we treat people and how people treat the company
- Employees – “The companies within the DeLaval Group recruit, employ and promote employees on the sole basis of their qualifications and ability and there shall be neither negative nor positive discrimination.
- The DeLaval Group is committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions for its employees in all parts of the world and all employees are expected to share this commitment.
- The DeLaval Group does not tolerate any kind of harassment or abuse in the workplace.
- Child exploitation – “The DeLaval Group will not use child labour in any of its operations and encourages customers and suppliers to refrain from doing so.”
- Conflicts of interest. – “The DeLaval Group requires its employees to avoid personal and/or financial activities or interests that could conflict with the interests of the DeLaval Group.”