Corporate Governance Results
We work continuously to improve our results from employee engagement surveys, workplace safety and ensure diversity in our organization.
Some results below from our recent Employee Engagement survey, distributed in 22 languages to all employees of DeLaval. The figures include those that agree or strongly agree with the statement.
- DeLaval is socially and environmentally responsible – 77%
- Employees are treated equally and fairly regardless of gender, age, race, disability, religion or sexual orientation at DeLaval – 78%
- I am treated with dignity and respect at work – 79%
- I am satisfied with this company’s efforts to maintain a safe and secure work environment – 80%
All parts of the company have now made follow-up plans to improve these results. The survey will be repeated every second year to secure improvements are made.
Corporate governance training
As part of the onboarding program, all new DeLaval employees take a Corporate Governance e-Learing course. It is available in 11 languages and covers areas such as anti-corruption, workplace safety, non-discrimination, whistle blowing. The training explains how suspected non-compliance can be reported.
A global web-based compliance program was launched during 2018. Some of the courses were launched to all staff globally while others were offered to targeted units or groups in DeLaval.
- No accidents causing permanent disability or worse have occurred since 2010.
- There was 17 workplace accidents in 2018 (37 in 2017) that resulted in an employee being absent from work for one day or more.
- The number of female employees is 21% and female managers at DeLaval are 18%.
- In 2015 we focused on getting the biggest suppliers to sign our Ethics and Sustainability principles. The target was to reach suppliers that account for 85% of the total spend by the Global Sourcing team. We reached 88% in 2017. In 2018, we included the chemical assortment amongst the total spend and still managed to keep the initial target of 85% of all direct materials.